Russia Serialization Deadlines: Overview of Russian track and trace requirements
Russia has the strictest supply chain regulations in the world. Are you ready to comply?
Some Russia serialization deadlines have come and gone; others are scheduled for 2021 and 2022. The fact is that the Russian supply chain is undergoing massive change. The transformation is due to be complete by 2024 and will affect virtually every industry, from pharmaceuticals and footwear to tires and tobacco.
The regulations are complex, but the gist is that companies must connect and comply with Russia’s National Track and Trace Digital System, known as Chestny ZNAK. Requirements and Russia serialization deadlines vary by industry, but hallmarks include DataMatrix codes, serialization, aggregation, crypto codes, and electronic reporting and records management.
The paper begins with an overview of Chestny ZNAK, the regulations and Russia serialization deadlines, and considerations for stakeholders (manufacturers, importers, wholesale distributors, and retailers). It then addresses each industry, including labeling requirements and detailed lists of products that must be serialized.
It provides a comprehensive examination Russia serialization deadlines and the requirements for every industry that currently must comply with Chestny ZNAK:
- Light industry
- Photo cameras and flashbulbs
It also dives into Russia serialization deadlines and requirements for ongoing or scheduled “experiments” (i.e., pilots):
- Bottled drinking water
- Biologically active food additives
- Brewing products and low-alcohol drinks
rfxcel is the leader in Russian supply chain compliance, and we’ve been prepared for the Chestny ZNAK regulations and Russia serialization deadlines since 2018. Our powerful rfxcel Traceability System (rTS) platform ensures companies in any industry will remain compliant. Furthermore:
- We are an official software and integration partner of the Center for Research in Perspective Technologies (CRPT).
- We are accredited as an IT Company by the Ministry of Digital Development, Communications, and Mass Media.
- We are one of only a few providers with in-country implementations.
- We’ve tripled our workforce in Russia over the last year.
- Our team in Moscow provides our clients, which include global consumer goods and pharma companies, the quickest time to market while automating their compliance reporting.
- rTS works seamlessly with Chestny ZNAK, including a Russian-language user interface that makes integration and startup much quicker.