Latest Product Enhancements Accelerate Product Leadership Position
San Ramon, CA January 20, 2017 – rfxcel, the leader in serialization, traceability, and DSCSA and global compliance in the private cloud for the Life Sciences industry, today announced the release of the latest edition of its compliance and serialization platform that furthers its product leadership position. The latest product release dramatically improves scalability to handle hundreds of millions of serial numbers and expands the breadth of global compliance solutions to include both China and South Korea.
The platform enhancements further build on industry-leading serialization and traceability capabilities and provide numerous benefits, enabling customers to take advantage of dramatic scale, security and functionality improvements.
Agile Architecture to Meet Any Serialization Demand:
The release includes improved architecture and scalability so each software instance can now seamlessly create, manage allocate and store hundreds of millions of individual and aggregated serial numbers. The latest regulatory requirements now require robust serialization processing, and the rfxcel platform has been thoroughly vetted to address the latest industry requirements. Highly configurable serial number generation functionality has been bolstered to meet varying global and customer-specific serialization requirements, and serial numbers can also now be generated and allocated in larger ranges to enhance and improve serial number randomization.
The latest update also enhances and improves the logic behind existing bar code scanning functionality. Data received from a bar code scanner can now automatically be directed to multiple fields, eliminating any potential data entry errors. And by using smart logic, only relevant information from bar codes is parsed, such as GTIN, expiration, lot numbers and of course, serial numbers.
Expansive Global Compliance Offering:
The latest platform enhancements provide comprehensive compliance with all South Korea and China regulations and reporting requirements, including events reporting, serial number lookup and central reporting in the required format to China’s central agency. The release also provides a flexible framework to meet upcoming global compliance requirements, such as the EU and Saudi Arabia. And while Brazil has postponed its deadline, the release includes all functionality to meet Brazilian compliance requirements in the event customers want to begin testing. As with all country compliance modules, each country solution is delivered in one comprehensive, integrated platform.
Overall Ease of Use:
The enhancements also give customers even more flexibility and help make the product easier to use. The new and improved functionality includes:
- Easier integration for rework and Edge Systems using newly created API’s.
- On-demand PDF generation of incoming ASN’s.
- Easier to find and attach ASN’s to receipts.
- Automatically create new customers and facility locations (and/or update information for each) during file processing and automatically create and send corresponding customer portal or rfxchange login credentials for each new customer created.
- Easier to send and match EPCIS standard fields with organizations who do not necessarily conform 100% to EPCIS data standards.
- Enhanced login and password rules also provide additional peace of mind and security to ensure proper permission and privilege for each registered user is authorized.
- Expanded reporting includes batch summary, inventory summary and error handling reports (that contain quantities) for deeper insight.
With a focus on delivering an exceptional customer experience, rfxcel is also expanding its product development team to build out the next generation of platform functionality.
“We invested a significant amount of resources to make the latest improvements to the rfxcel Traceability System™ (rTS). By improving the core architecture, system performance and the ability to scale, these platform improvements allow us to not only improve the existing user experience and handle the needs of current customers, but also allows the system to easily handle an exponential increase in serial number volume”, commented Atul Mohidekar, CTO and SVP of Operations at rfxcel. “rTS is continually improving to deliver a platform that is more flexible, scalable, secure and reliable – exactly what life sciences companies are demanding. These latest improvements simply reinforce our product leadership position and commitment to our customers.”
A Global Leader in Serialization, Traceability and Compliance
rfxcel remains committed to delivering on its primary mission of securing the supply chain, enabling compliance with government regulations, improving patient safety and offering control and peace of mind for customers.
- Secure the supply chain: rfxcel provides users the ability to track, trace and monitor pharmaceutical products throughout the supply chain, helping to curb and solve some of the pharmaceutical industry’s biggest issues such as theft, channel diversion, counterfeiting and safe handling. rfxcel also provides unit-level and hierarchy serialization for enhanced visibility and control of product throughout the supply chain.
- Enable compliance with government regulations: rfxcel provides comprehensive U.S. Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) and global compliance management solutions in one integrated platform to meet the most complex regulations and reporting requirements, giving users peace of mind and simplifying country-specific compliance needs. rfXcel is compliant with all GS1 standards and supports global, country-specific and any other custom format such as data formats specific to Brazil and China.
- Improve patient safety: rfxcel provides users deep insight and allows monitoring of pharmaceutical products throughout the supply chain. The rfXcel Traceability System™ (rTS) can create, manage, allocate and store large volumes of individual and hierarchical serial numbers to provide visibility and control and help detect counterfeit drugs more easily. rfxcel also supports a mobile app to instantly authenticate and verify product validity using lots and/or serial numbers.
- Control and Deliver Peace of Mind for Customers: The rfxcel solution is built on private cloud technology, which allows each customer system and implementation to be fully validated. Unlike other multi-tenant solutions running on public cloud technology, rfxcel private cloud technology is tailored to meet the unique specifications and requirements of each customer. It also enables each customer to be on their own version of the rfxcel solution, so there’s no application sharing or forced upgrades, giving customers more control, reliability and security.
rfxcel Corporation, headquartered in San Ramon, CA, is a pioneer in creating Product Serialization, Traceability and Compliance private cloud solutions for the Life Sciences industry. Leading manufacturers, distributors, packagers, dispensers and retailers leverage rfxcel solutions to meet global government regulations, track and trace product throughout supply chains, and enhance patient safety.
For more information, please visit www.rfxcel.com.