United Arab Emirates Track & Trace Requirements
In June 2021, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) established the “Tatmeen” platform for pharmaceutical products traceability in Ministerial Decree No. 73. MOHAP’s partners include the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), Department of Health (Abu Dhabi), and EVOTEQ, a “digital transformation catalyst” based in the UAE, and GS1 UAE.
About UAE Track and Trace Requirements
Tatmeen means “assurance” in Arabic. All conventional medicines sold, distributed, or stored in the UAE are regulated and must be serialized. Aggregation is required. Secondary packaging must contain four data points in a GS1 DataMatrix code and in human-readable form:
- Global Trade Item Number (GTIN)
- Randomized serial number (up to 20 characters)
- Expiry date (in YYMMDD format)
- Batch or lot number
However, some products do not need to be serialized:
- Free samples
- Products imported for personal use only
- Medical devices and supplies
- General sales list (GSL) products
The next major UAE Tatmeen deadline is December 13, 2022: All supply chain actors in the UAE must obtain a Global Location Number (GLN) from GS1 UAE to identify their organization, where it’s located, and other required information. Relevant stakeholders must also begin reporting serial numbers to Tatmeen and begin aggregation with GS1-128 barcodes and serial shipping container codes.
rfxcel Meets UAE Serialization & Traceability Requirements
rfxcel Is Your Partner for UAE Compliance
Our team will partner with you to meet UAE Tatmeen requirements and transform business value with a transparent digital supply chain. With dedicated track and trace solutions from rfxcel, you can safeguard your products and brand reputation by ensuring all items are legitimate, marked, and fully compliant with the UAE’s laws.
rfxcel’s Team: Compliance, Visibility & Support
rfxcel’s team will help you achieve and maintain UAE Tatmeen compliance by bringing end-to-end visibility to your supply chain.
rfxcel will develop a fully validated implementation plan tailored to your needs and designed specifically for UAE. Our systems operate in local languages, local currency, and processes, easing the compliance burden for companies in any industry. Our goal is to increase company value through insightful and precise data by automating and digitizing workflows.
rfxcel provides 24/7 support to all our customers. We assign a dedicated support team member to our customers so we can quickly and thoroughly resolve any issues that arise.
Secure Your Supply Chain with rfxcel Traceability System
Our award-winning Traceability System is a fully customizable platform that simplifies and accelerates compliance and increases supply chain visibility no matter where you do business. It also integrates seamlessly with your existing systems and enhances scalability by letting you add new features quickly.
Find out more about our UAE Tatmeen compliance solutions.
Your value beyond compliance with rfxcel
- Digitize and centralize your entire supply chain in one elegant, easy-to-use, intuitive platform
- Enhance performance and reduce processing time in multiple languages
- Leverage IoT technology to gain new real-time insight into and control of your supply chain
- Trace your products forward and backward
- Maintain historical information for a batch or individual product with continuous review and supply chain optimization
- Drive growth by lowering costs and risks, eliminating inefficiencies, and tracking all activity anywhere in your supply chain, including among suppliers, distributors, and 3PLs
- Integrate with any trading partner