Job ID: 100-03-05.05
Location: US: San Ramon (San Francisco Bay Area), CA
Category: Engineering/Software Development
rfxcel Corporation, founded in 2003, is headquartered in Reno, NV. rfxcel is a pioneer in Product Serialization, Traceability and Compliance, Cloud Solutions for the Life Sciences, Food and Beverage industries. Leading manufacturers, distributors, packagers and retailers use rfxcel Traceability SystemTM (rTS) for complete traceability of raw materials, ingredients and finished goods across the supply chain, to meet government drug tracking regulations worldwide including the US Drug Quality and Security Act (DQSA), and those in China, Brazil, India, Argentina, Turkey, Europe and others, and also to increase market share, profitability and product safety through enhanced supply chain visibility.
By integrating with the IoT devices that host multiple sensors, rfxcel has entered the fast emerging IoT space. Our applications are used for real-time environmental monitoring and for real-time analysis of massive volumes of IoT data to not only allow real-time track and trace of the products in the supply chain but also for geo-fencing, cold-chain monitoring, product tampering detection, theft detection and prevention, diversion detection and prevention, etc.
We are a dynamic and growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. rfxcel’s enterprise solutions are deployed as either SaaS applications or as on-premise applications and are integrated with multiple trading partner systems.
We are growing and looking for talented personnel to join our core team. We are looking for a hands-on Java Developer to join our development group. The ideal candidate is proactive, entrepreneurial, methodical and process-oriented while battle tested through years of product development and SDLC processes. The candidate will need to work with cross functional teams including development, QA, support and professional services.
Responsibilities – What you will be doing
The Mobile App Developer – Android & iOS is responsible for designing and writing code as well as leading and delivering software development projects. The candidate will significantly contribute to the design, development/coding, testing and/or support of various software modules.
- Design software, write code, write unit test cases, test code and review code on a daily-basis.
- Lead multiple project modules and development teams simultaneously and ensure the quality of their deliverables and their timely deliver.
- Provide support for production issues and diagnose root causes (RCA)
- Write the functional requirements and technical specifications for software development
- Estimate the effort required for the software design and development
- Develop/write software for the development of rfxcel products on a daily-basis
- Write unit test cases, execute them and record results on a daily-basis
- Perform code reviews, provide feedback and oversee code corrections to ensure compliance with the development guidelines on a daily-basis
- Provide technical expertise in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies, especially open source technologies, and how they might relate to rfxcel’s products
- Spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore team in India on a daily-basis. Provide critical and timely coordination between different US and India teams including development, QA, product management, professional services, operations and customer support.
- Provide hands-on help for automating the operational aspects of the software development including the following: Continuous integration, Deployment of all software components, Zero downtime deployments, Configuration management, Monitoring and system health dashboards
- Perform the following tasks if and when required: Troubleshoot and resolve customer problems; Configure customer systems; Help setup product demos.
Qualifications – What you will need for this position
- Must have experience designing and writing software for at least two software companies that build software products/applications and release software frequently (at least once every quarter).
- Must have 2 to 10 years of overall software development experience in mobile applications development for Android and iOS that includes all of the following areas:
- Must have hands on experience in Android development with Java/Kotlin
- Must have hands on experience in iOS development with Objective-C/Swift
- A major plus if you have experience with barcode/QRCode scanning and with scanning libraries such as Scandit, ZXing, Digimarc, Mantee Works, etc.
- Other technical skills:
- Integration with REST and GRPC services
- Some experience in developing REST API / GRPC Services with Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, MySQL is not required but would be desirable.
- Expertise in Android/iOS application packaging and distribution to App Stores.
- Prior experience in integration with Enterprise Mobilily solutions such as Mobile Iron are not required but would be desirable.
- Working knowledge in JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Linux
- Must be a self-starter and proactive who takes ownership of opportunities; works independently, manages multiple simultaneous priorities and projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, meeting specific deadlines utilizing strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture.
- If required, willing/able to provide after hours, on-call and escalation support of rfxcel’s 24x7 hosting environment, including system outages and incident response
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical discipline; advanced degree a plus
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally
- Applicant must be US Citizen, Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or must have a work visa in the US
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a background check
Benefits – What’s in it for you
- Work for the industry leader and innovative company
- Work for a profitable and well-funded startup with a great upside potential
- Work with multiple leading edge technologies including IoT, Streaming Data, Big Data/NoSQL, high performance messaging and searching, and SaaS technologies
- Excellent compensation
- Opportunity to join the core team at a relatively early stage and influence the company future
- Job satisfaction – you will be an important part of the company, and your contributions will have visibility all the way to the top and your contributions will have direct impact on the company’s future
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com