Travagliato (Brescia), August 2, 2022. Antares Vision Group, an Italian multinational and a leading provider of track and trace and quality control systems that guarantee the transparency of products and supply chains through integrated data management, today announced that it had acquired 100 percent of Packital SRL and of Ingg. Vescovini SRL through its subsidiary company FT System.
Packital, based in Fidenza (PR), Italy, has since 1989 developed, designed, produced, and distributed inspection and quality control systems such as checkweighers, metal detectors, X-rays, and weight sorters. It specializes in wet and difficult environments, including those in which corrosive products are present. The company is certified as an Inspection Body for checkweighers.
Founded in 1984, Parma, Italy-based Ingg. Vescovini SRL develops, designs, and produces analogue and digital electronic boards, fundamental components for checkweighers, weight dosing systems, inspection systems in the beverage sector, electromedical machines, and control systems in the agricultural and industrial sectors.
“We are continuing along the path toward the technological growth and expansion of our portfolio,” said Emidio Zorzella, chairman and joint-CEO of Antares Vision Group, “keeping with our mission to guarantee the quality, safety, efficiency, and sustainability of products and supply chains.”
Fabio Forestelli, CEO of FT System and a member of the Antares Vision Group Board, added, “With Packital and Ingg. Vescovini, we will further strengthen our presence in the food and beverage sector by extending our portfolio of inspection and quality control solutions that are complementary to current ones. In this way, we can strengthen our facility with qualified personnel who specialize in inspection technologies, increasing our technical and production capacity as well as our market presence.”
Giacomo Vacca, CEO of Packital, said, “After 30 years of experience, passion, and expertise in food and beverage inspection solutions, we have chosen Antares Vision Group to continue to increase the market value we have already created, thanks to shared values and objectives.”
“The 60 years of experience in our industry are a fundamental value, which looks to the past, but enables us to see the future,” said Ingg. Vescovini CEO Paolo Vescovini. “We are grateful to all of our staff for the contribution they have made thus far and we are sure that joining Antares Vision Group is an important opportunity for us to continue to innovate.”
The acquisitions of Packital and Vescovini represent an important strategic opportunity for Antares Vision Group, insofar as they maintain and strengthen its positioning in the food and beverage sector, which started in 2021 with the acquisitions of Pentec and Tecnel, through the subsidiary company FT System. More specifically, they will allow The Group to:
Consolidate its market positioning thanks to:
- A portfolio of quality control and inspection systems that are unique and unparalleled in the market, in terms of variety and extent of the range
- The completion of the current range with quality control solutions in difficult environments (dusty, wet, corrosive)
- Expand the range of services provided, also for the periodic certification of weighing instruments
Increase its market share in the Food & Beverage sector, thanks to:
- An active customer base (approximately 400), the majority of which are new to The Group
- Technological coverage in terms of fundamental components such as electronic boards
Strengthen its technological know-how
- In inspection and quality control, thanks to a highly qualified team for software design and programming, with expertise accrued over the years
- In electronic boards, by maintaining the know-how (schematics and source files) that Vescovini has developed for FT System over the years; increasing current developments, with a design, production, and assistance team in the food sector; offering customized solutions, able to promote customer loyalty and consolidate customer relations; maintaining technological leadership able to lead innovation and development in this specific field
Increase production capacity
- Thanks to quality controls and inspections that will increase the existing base for some types
- Thanks to proprietary electronic boards and relative management software, to meet both market demand and the needs of the Group, guaranteeing a useful reserve to handle supply chain shortages
Cross-technology opportunities as a Group
- Thanks to the proprietary electronic boards and relative management software, able to support the technological needs of the group’s different product units, by developing innovative applications in current and future projects
Cross-industry opportunities as a Group
- Thanks to quality and inspection controls, which can be adopted in current and potential business areas
Paolo Vescovini, the current Chairman of Packital and Vescovini, will be bound by a three-year Management agreement to guarantee a smooth handover. Their geographical proximity, know-how and reciprocal respect will contribute to facilitating the integration.
About Antares Vision Group
Antares Vision Group is an outstanding technology partner in digitalization and innovation for enterprises and institutions, guaranteeing the safety of products and people, business competitiveness, and environmental protection. Antares Vision Group is a technological enabler of supply chain transparency and sustainable transition to protect business competitiveness and the uniqueness of each country. It provides a unique and comprehensive ecosystem of technologies to guarantee product quality (inspection systems and equipment) and end-to-end product traceability (from raw materials and production to distribution to the consumer), with integrated data, production and supply chain management, also achieved through the application of artificial intelligence and the use of blockchains.
Antares Vision Group is active in the life sciences sector (pharmaceutical, biomedical devices, and hospitals), in the beverage, food, and cosmetics industries, and has potential in other sectors. The world leader in track and trace systems for pharmaceutical products, it provides major global manufacturers (more than 50 percent of the Top 20 multinationals) and numerous government authorities with solutions to monitor their supply chains and validate product authenticity.
Listed since April 2019 on the Italian Stock Exchange in the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) segment and from May 14, 2021, in the STAR segment of the Mercato Telematico Azionario (MTA) (electronic equity market), Antares Vision Group recorded a turnover of Euro 162 million in 2020, operates in 60 countries, employs approximately 1,000 people, and has a consolidated network of more than 40 international partners. For more information, visit www.antaresvision.com and www.antaresvisiongroup.com.